Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We saw a funnel cloud!


Noah and I were at the Chatfield Reservoir Beach today and were able to watch a funnel cloud trying to form a tornado about 20 miles east of us for 15 minutes! It was the same storm that almost blew us off the beach 10 minutes earlier! I have to admit that I would have never noticed it if some rocket scientist from Lockheed Martin hadn't been there & pointed it out to us! He had just seen a cloud doing the same thing a week earlier in Colorado Springs.


I called Jason at the fire station at C-470 & Morrison and the guys were able to see it from there too! I called my friend who lives in Parker and he walked out his front door and saw it swirling above their house! I saw on the news that it touched down briefly, but no one was hurt and I don't think it damaged any houses.


I was bummed that it was too far away to get a picture, but was really interesting to watch! Noah was totally interested while all the other kids had no idea what was going on over in Parker! While I was on the phone, he kept saying, "Mommy! It's still trying to make a tornado!" over and over again.


No comments: