Noah and I went on a driving tour of Idaho Springs and Georgetown with our friends from Cody House today. We loaded up in the Colorado Assisted Living bus at 10:30am. Our most excellent tour guides Sylvia and Betsy had lots of fun facts and history to tell about both towns. I was surprised to learn that the Argo Mine has a tunnel that goes all the way through the mountain. I had no idea! Also, during the Silver Rush of 1877, there were 50,000 people that showed up in Idaho Springs almost overnight. The current population is less than 2,000! I bet that was a surprise to the few locals that lived there at the time to see all those people living in their town in tents!
Next, we toured Georgetown and stopped at the lake to eat our lunch. Noah and I had to get out to see if the people fishing were catching anything. One man had 2 brookies. The ladies were surprised to hear that I had raced our Jeep on the ice on that lake about 6 years ago.
When we got back to Cody House, Besty gave Noah a ride on the wheelchair lift and made his day! Then he watched her every move while unloading Mary Ellen and Margaret in their wheelchairs. It was a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment