Monday, September 15, 2008

Since you asked.....

I am obsessed this political season, because I know Noah will live in this world long after I am gone. I have been sick for months about the things that our political figures represent. After reading your forward and attached anti-Palin blog, I now feel it necessary to sit down and write all my why's. This election, to me, is all about the issues. No one who is up for election shares all my beliefs, so I am voting for the team who supports most of what is important to me and my family. This is where I stand on the issues. I have to do this for Noah, because if I don't teach him what's right and wrong, the world sure as hell doesn't care!

Abortion – This is the issue that I feel most strongly about. Lots of thoughts and feelings flood my heart and mind as I write this. The stench of abortion creeps into my thoughts on a regular basis. I am outraged that the world thinks it is acceptable to torture women and children with abortions! I believe life begins at conception and that most young girls and women who are talked into having an abortion are told that their baby is just a clump of cells, usually when their baby already has arms, legs, fingernails and a beating heart! I believe it is a nasty lie to make women believe they are not strong enough to handle a pregnancy for any reason and that their life would be ruined by the inconvenience of an unwanted child!

In the case of incest or rape. How would you feel if there was a knock on your door one day. The police were there to take you to be killed. You are wondering what in the world you had done to deserve to be killed. Come to find out that it wasn't anything you did, but that your father had raped someone and therefore you would be killed. Doesn't make sense, does it? Then why would our society of human rights activism think it is right to kill the most innocent of our society because their father raped their mother? If anyone cares to research, there are many people, who are the product of something so awful, who are amazing people and great contributors to our society. The people outraged at this paragraph are also the people who think a person who kills should not get the death penalty. ???

Partial birth abortion. Wow! It's hard to even type those words. To think that anyone would fight for the right to pull a baby's body out of the mother's body, leave the baby's head in so “technically” they haven't been born yet, punch scissors into the base of the baby's head and open the scissors to make a hole in which to insert a tube to suck out the brain, and then pull the dead baby out of the mother.


How could anyone think it's wicked to try to take away a woman's right to choose a “medical” procedure and then support such an act? Oh yeah, and then be outraged that us crazy Republicans would want any baby who survived this barbaric procedure to be helped instead of being laid on a shelf to slowly die alone. Obama voted against giving any medical help to a baby who survives an abortion! Look at this site of an absolutely amazing person who survived an abortion. Luckily the abortionist was not there to put her on the shelf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianna_Jessen

Aborting babies with birth defects or abnormalities. This, in my opinion, is the worst form of genocide. I know lots of people with Down syndrome and other “defects” and they are the most loving and gentle people I have ever met. To think that anyone would want to exterminate them in the womb because they are not like everyone else or because they would be a burden on society medically is disgusting! I chose not to even have the test during my pregnancy to see if Noah possibly had Down syndrome because I loved him unconditionally from day 1 and would happily welcome into the world the child I was blessed with—of course my doctor was outraged and I quickly found a new one!

What about the mother considering an abortion? There is minimal emotional, if any, care for a mother before she decides to abort her baby. I personally feel that if there were a mandatory procedure to show the mother what her baby looks like in her womb before aborting it, that the abortion rate would drop. Do women not have the right to be informed with all the details? Does our society not believe women are strong enough to handle ALL the information? In my opinion, this is the worst setback for women's rights. Just tell women something that's not true and they'll believe it! It really makes the mothers aborting their babies look uneducated and uninformed—and they are! Most women or girls who have an abortion are lied to and told it's just a clump of cells. The aborters need to STOP lying to the women they are “helping” out of a “bad situation” and give them the real information so they can make an educated decision! But why would the aborters do that when they would lose all the money they are making? Do you have any idea how much Planned Parenthood makes a year on abortions?

Did you know that nurses that assist the abortionists have to piece back together the body parts of the aborted babies? Just to make sure there are no body parts left in the mother that could cause an infection. If this all makes you sick, good! It IS sick, and those of us who want to throw up when we think about it should be the ones who do something about it instead of going on with our daily lives like all is well!

This site shows the procedure of a partial birth abortion:
http://www.priestsforlife.org/partialbirth.html

This site explains the different abortion methods:
http://www.abortionfacts.com/learn/methods.asp

Interview with an abortionist:
http://www.abortionfacts.com/dr_willke/connector_july_98.asp#1

The Ex-abortionists:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/812496/posts

Graphic Abortion Photos (this WILL make you sick!):
http://www.mainerighttolife.com/graphicimages_1.php

PS - Aborted babies *DO* *FEEL* the *PAIN* of having their bodies ripped apart, piece by piece! Why do you think some states require that mothers are offered anesthesia for the baby they are getting ready to kill???

Creationism. Atheists are happy that evolution is being stuffed down the throats of Christians in public schools who don't believe it, but outraged at the thought of having Christian beliefs stuffed down their throats! It's such a double standard that it's laughable! I have friends with many different religious beliefs and I think we all deserve to be respected!

As far as Sarah Palin's experience is concerned. Everyone in America wants change in our government from both sides, but they are too scared to step away from the Washington insiders to realize that change. Instead, they look to the same people who keep giving us crap, to get something different than crap. Barack Obama IS one of those insiders, and no matter how much he tries to label himself something else, he's going to keep delivering us more crap. I would say that Palin's years of being a town councilwoman were about the equivalent of being a community organizer. But the real difference is when she was mayor. I've heard the comments about what a small town it was, but it was a multi-million dollar budget she was responsible for and, as governor, she was in charge of a multi-billion dollar budget. Yes, it was only 1.5 years, but you can't tell me she wasn't doing a damn fine job if her approval rating was the highest of any governor in the country!

Some of our most respected presidents didn't even have a college education (something today's Ivy League educated politicians would balk at), and although they may not have been perfect, they made the decisions that they thought were in the best interest of the people of our country. Most of the decisions modern day Washington bureaucrats make are the ones in their own best interest. Here's Obama's voting record http://obama.senate.gov/votes/index.cfm?start=1 See for yourself how he voted on what's important to you. Oh yeah, and then there are the lobbyists that Obama claims to have nothing to do with....oops! he has 38 fundraisers working for him who also work for lobbying firms! http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-15-obama_N.htm
He accepted pledges of over $3.5 million from them, all the while speaking out against them! Maybe he changed his mind on that as he did on his pledge to use government funding for his campaign and the 527s running ads on his behalf!!! Just don't say you don't, when you do! He has experience alright!

National security. Obama wants to get all warm and fuzzy with communist countries. He wants to trust them not to shoot nuclear missiles at us! He has said that he wants a world without the threat of nuclear weapons. If we disarm ourselves and then trust that a communist country will do the same, we're just asking for another attack on our country! Does anyone remember Pearl Harbor or September 11th? They are two mind blowing examples of an indifferent, weakened US military presence and intelligence. We cannot lose sight of our history, or it will repeat itself and our children will be the ones who pay! It's sweet that Obama wants to have a world where everyone gets along and everything, but power hungry communists don't have the same feelings!

Energy. “Drill, baby, drill!” is not my motto! I think we should use our own oil until we can develop more environmentally friendly forms of energy, instead of lining the pockets of other countries! I do not believe we should haphazardly use our own oil without a long-term plan with lots of options and deadlines.

Global warming. To deny that global warming is a possibility is scary to me. I believe I need to do my part to make sure my child has a green earth with fresh air to breathe when he grows up. I do everything I can in my household and business—reduce, reuse, recycle. I think we should also act globally. Humans are too smart to not move forward in this area. It IS possible to cut our greenhouse gas emissions, and we all should! It's also noteworthy that McCain and Obama's plans on reducing greenhouse emissions are almost identical. If you read both of their plans (on their websites), it looks like Obama's folks copied McCain's plan, almost word for word, and then dropped the projected emission percentages by a few tenths of a point.

Economy. The numbers have been crunched. There is no way Obama's plan of cutting taxes for people who make 250,000 or less (97.9% of taxpayers), and rolling back the tax cuts for people making 250,000 or more (2.1% of taxpayers) pans out. That's not enough money to pay for what he has committed to spend in 8 years. By the way, have you read his plan and how much $$$ he's committing to spending? Billions and billions and billions! Yes, we're spending billions in Iraq, but since Obama has now decided not to pull out of Iraq as hastily as he once thought he would, we will still have the burden of Iraq while he has committed billions more in other areas. He did just vote "yea" at the beginning of this year on a bill to send more money to rebuild Iraq. Here's his “Blueprint for Change” that you can download http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ I have to say that the blueprint is all tied up neatly with inspirational quotes from the man himself and a cute blue cover page that ran out all the cyan ink on my printer, but I'm more of a numbers girl. And I can't understand why Obama's campaign manager won't just admit that he's going to raise taxes? I watched an interview where they were grilling this guy and he refused to say that Obama would raise taxes, but admitted that Obama would roll back the Bush tax cuts. I may be a simple girl, but if my taxes are higher, no matter how they technically got there, and Obama is responsible for it, then Obama raised my taxes!!!

Health care. Should I trust the people who run the IRS to be in charge of my heath care? I love the “Fair Tax”. Yes, everyone gets taxed including illegal aliens (who Obama would like to give free health care), elderly and disabled citizens—then the ones who need it get a refund. Everyone, including illegal aliens, contribute to our economy. If Obama had his way, he would have me paying for them while struggling to support my own family. Fair Tax = problem solved & no one gets a free ride!

When all is said and done, although it is interesting to read the opinions that are floating around out there, I do my own research on all the issues, look at all nominees personal websites & “plans”, check their voting records, and make my own decisions. I am interested in hearing how everyone feels and I have to admit that the conspiracy theories are like a juicy soap opera, but I will not look to others to find out how I think.

I've heard, and I have researched, all the similar things that could be said of John McCain and I have no problem admitting that he wasn't my first choice. I definitely don't think he's perfect, but I have found that he and Palin more closely represent my beliefs and Obama is not even close. If your email was truly sent as a conversation starter (I want to give you the benefit of the doubt because I really think you're a very nice person), and not just a "believe as I believe, I want to spur you on to thoughtfulness, but don't want to be thoughtful myself", then I hope you will consider how I feel about the issues and hopefully understand why I will be voting for McCain and Palin.

1 comment:

Liese4 said...

Well said!

Every election year people look at me when I bring my kids into the polls. I remember going to the polls with my Grandma and not being allowed to go in the booth with her. It's private, it's not your business, it's for adults only. Well, that's not how my kids feel.

They have been to elections, voting polls, marches. Joel helped us when we were election judges in Houston and he was only 6! People wonder why we do it.

We allow our children to be in on the process because America is not 1 person, but many people working together. One voice has as much right to be heard as 1 million voices. How can we change if we don't know where we came from in the first place? How can we understand laws and bills if we don't know how they are made?

Again, well said.