Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Excitement at the No-Leash dog park!

Well, it all started out pretty normal. Noah, Gretta and I headed to Chatfield State Park where they have a No-Leash Dog Park. We were walking around the small ponds at the bottom of the spillway from the reservior. Noah in his stroller and Gretta running wild. It was a very windy day, but we were dressed warm enough and it was sunny, so we were comfortable. Noah finally had it and just had to get out of his stroller to throw rocks into the pond. I parked his stroller on the side of the path, put the brakes on, and walked down the bank to the water.

We were happily playing at the water's edge when we heard a weird scraping sound. I looked over and saw Noah's stroller screeching down the bank, with the brakes on, into the pond about 20 yards away! The wind caught the cover of the stroller and carried it straight down the bank! My car keys and iPod were sitting on top!! I grabbed Noah and ran to where the stroller had just splashed and was quickly sinking into the pond. Luckily I had my flip-flops and high-water "britches" on and ran right into the pond to retrieve it. I was sure I would have to go "fishing" for my things, but I was shocked to find that my car keys and iPod were still on top! My purse wasn't as lucky because it was in the storage pocket on the bottom which completely filled with water, but there wasn't much in it. If there was ever a time I really wanted to take a picture of something, this was it! But there was no time to waste. The stroller was sinking fast! It was a very funny sight and I wonder how many of the people on the other side of the pond got a kick out of it. That was our excitement for today!

No comments: